Wednesday, September 25, 2013

General Preface

This blog is meant to be a more technical in depth look on the mechanics of Eve Online and how they can be used to do everything from acquire vast amounts of isk to deal with large gangs and blobs when you are flying solo or with a very small gang (think under 5 people).

In game I'm Viceorvirtue a member of the Hatchery corporation in the Team Liquid alliance. When I first started playing Eve a couple years or so ago I made my first plex off of a 21day buddy invite by using a thrasher to grind the 2/10 static plexs in hisec for several hours every day. Eventually I moved into a maelstrom for level 4 missions, using 1200mm atrillery and salvaging my missions afterwards. Yes, that's right, I was the average hisec pilot who was very bad at the game.

From there I learned about blitzing missions, isk/lp ratios, and a number of other things in an upward spiral of incidents ranging from the west and grey contract trick era to character bazaar, to faction war. Now I don't consider anything under 20 bil to be a sizable amount of money and I don't really find much point in undocking to do any pve activity that gets me less than 500m and hour barring any ulterior motives.

This blog will fallow this spree of incidents while also going into the game mechanics responsible for them as well as which techniques can still be applied and used, since most of this information is no longer usable from an isk making standpoint. Make no mistake, this isn't likely to reveal some deep dark money making secret or anything. The majority of the information can be found by piecing together spreadsheets and doing a bit of math. I'm just writing it all down here because quite frankly I have nothing better to do.

This will mostly be focused on pve to begin with and then branch out into pvp mechanics which require a good deal more math and complexities.

No comments:

Post a Comment